Friday, February 9, 2007

There is Gold in Them There Hills

As a sales person how do you know when to give up on a lead. The short answer is never. People’s situation’s and circumstances change. You never really know when you can catch the client at the right moment for them.

I sell life insurance and the Majority of my clients come from a lead program with National Agents Alliance. In my Opinion they have the best lead program I have ever seen. I typically take 10 to 20 leads each week. I place the date I receive the lead and type of lead in the upper right hand corner. I typically will call a lead for about a month after I receive it then I place the lead in a separate pile.

My Goal is to schedule 15 to 20 Appointments each week off of these leads. My Prime calling times for appointment setting is Tuesday and Wednesday morning from 8am to about 9:30am and Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 6pm to 9pm.

Last week I only had about 9 or 10 appointments set with my most recent leads. I went back to my piles of leads and started calling on my leads from September, October and November. I was able to make 7 more appointments which have resulted in 3 sales and 2 follow-up appointments.

This week when I set my appointments I concentrated on the newer leads first and I did manage to set 12 appointments by Early Wednesday morning with leads no more then a month old. I also have 6 additional appointments with leads from September through November.

As a commission only salesperson my activity determines my paycheck. The more appointments I set, the more people I sit in front of. The More people I sit in front of the More Sales I make. The more sales the bigger my paycheck. There really is Gold in them there old leads all you need to do is mine it.